Our high school, college, and post-graduate interns have been a vital part of our impact and culture at the Commit! Partnership, and we’re seeking a new intern starting this January. We look for passionate, hard-working, and fun interns interested in learning about and rolling up their sleeves to help more kids across Dallas County. Our staff enables interns to take leading roles in ongoing projects and offers visibility, networking, and impactful experiences in education change.
The intern should expect:
- To work hard and be challenged in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- To work with people of all personalities and backgrounds
- To have fun
Our internship is a $10/hr, 10-week program (some tasks can be completed remotely). You will help drive one or more key projects scoped out based on your interests and Commit!’s needs. Planned projects for the spring are expected to focus on marketing and communications in the following areas:
- Coordinating a student- and campus-focused workshop series that will help more high school students to complete financial aid applications (FAFSA) for college
- Supporting execution and follow-up related to a community-based campaign to help more parents become aware of Early Childhood enrollment options and register their children for Pre-Kindergarten in the spring
Qualifications we seek:
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student with a strong academic record
- Self-starter who can multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent quantitative skills a plus
- Flexibility to take on a variety of projects—including those involving data, writing, and research
- Comfort with all Microsoft Office products (especially PowerPoint); InDesign a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a team
- Humor, integrity, and patience
- Belief in education’s power to improve odds for all children in service of Commit!’s mission
We are asking for a commitment of 12 hours a week minimum; some tasks can be completed remotely. For a detailed description of this position click here. To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter detailing your interest and qualification for the role, and a copy of your unofficial college transcript to Sarah.Jensen@commit2dallas.org. The deadline to apply is December 31; we will be interviewing on a rolling basis.
We look forward to hearing from you!